MsAnomaly's interview with AnnieKDesigns
1. When did you open your Etsy store and begin selling?
I opened my store on September 11, 2007 but did not list anything until November.
2. How did you select your shop’s name?
My real name is Ann and my dad always called me Annie. I thought it would be a good way to honor him.
3. What do you create and sell in your Etsy shop?
I create with fabric. I love to do crafts of all kinds and have tried to limit my creations to fabric otherwise I would be all over the place. Not that I am not already.
4. How did you become involved in your craft?
My father was ill when I was a child and I needed to do something quiet so I learned how to sew. My mother is a great seamstress and now a master quilter.
5. Explain your favorite part of the creative process.
When it clicks. I have tons and tons of fabric. I love it when it all comes together with fabric, trims and the design. Sometimes sleeping on it is the best way to make it click!
6. Do you sell in another Etsy store or anywhere outside of Etsy? If so, where?
I have two other Etsy stores, Cody’s Closet (dog collars and other dog related items) and AnnieKClothing, accessories mostly but hopefully clothing at some point.
7. So far, what project are you most proud of?
Growing up in North Dakota, there are not a lot of shopping opportunities and this was long before the internet. I would see gorgeous clothes in magazines and I would copy the design and make them for myself. A lot of trial-and-error but I always made it work.
8. What advice can you give to someone who would like to learn your craft?
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. I still make them. It’s how you learn and sometimes it works out for the best.
9. What motivated you to join the Etsy Beagle Street Team?
I LOVE dogs. I saw the thread and popped in to say hello wish the team all the best. I learned you didn’t have to have a beagle to be a member. I have a Lab/Weimarainer, Cody, and a Springer Spaniel, Copper.
10. Any other places we might find you (Flickr, blog, MySpace, etc.)?
I have a blog that is mostly neglected at http://codyscloset.blogspot.com/